Photo credit: Crafty Staci
What you will need:
- This coffee sleeve traceable pattern (click here) printed. *Note: Make sure it doesn't scale down to print.
- Cotton batting
- Iron board cover fabric
- Cotton Fabric (your choice of a design)
- Elastic hair band (1)
- 5/8" buttons (2) *preferably with two holes
- 3/4" buttons (2) *preferably with two holes
- Pins (5-7)
- Toothpick (1)
How To Make the Coffee Sleeve
1. Print the coffee cup sleeve pattern. The pattern should measure 10 3/4″ straight across the top (corner to corner, not on the curve) and 9 1/8″ across the bottom (again, corner to corner). It’s just barely under 3″ wide. Use “borderless printing” in your print options to make sure the pattern prints full size.
2. Using the coffee cup sleeve pattern cut out the following:
- One coffee cup sleeve pattern from cotton batting
- Two coffee cup sleeve patterns from ironing board cover fabric
- Two coffee cup sleeve patterns from cotton fabric.
3. Locate the elastic hair band and zigzag stitch through the center (about 3/8" long) then clip through the center (you will only need half of the elastic hair band).