If there is anything we have learned, don't go straight to the gym without fueling your body! When you see people uber sweating at the gym, it is because they have properly eaten throughout the day giving their body that extra jump-start to kick off those unwanted calories. We have come up with the 5 best pre-workout foods for you to consume before you hit the gym.
- A Banana--if you plan on doing some hardcore cardio in the form of running, then you want some potassium running through your body. Consider a banana or two as they're filled with lots of potassium to help with muscle recovery.
- Yogurt parfait w/ berries--Berries are the perfect antioxidant and plain, greek yogurt is a nice mix to help make this snack more full.
- Hard-boiled eggs-- 1-2 hard-boiled eggs are an awesome source of protein prior to the workout.
- Shake with whey powder--Mixing into any shake or smoothie you blend up is great for added protein in your system and will help with muscle develop.
- Salad--You can never go wrong including greens into your pre-workout meal. Greens in a salad can offer you loads of fiber, vitamins, and minerals which all support a healthy body.
These are just some of our favorite pre-workout snacks. What are yours? Share with us below in the 'comments'!