In honor of our 3 year anniversary we want to celebrate by making some delicious cake. This cake is in honor of all of the love and support that you have shown us over the years. From your awesome comments, beautiful pictures, and of course your sorority secrets, our page would be nothing without YOU! So today, "let us eat cake!"
Our friends at Vanille have shared with us some tips on how to make the perfect buttercream cake. Read their tips below and use this recipe to make the perfect cake!
5 Tips for Buttercream Cakes
1. Rustic buttercream- Easier to accomplish than a smooth sided cake and still looks professional.
2. Add bought décor to cover up any problem areas. For example, chocolate décor, sugar flowers.
3. Add nuts, sprinkles, chocolate curls to the side of cake, this will cover up any mishaps and don’t require a smooth finish.
4. Add organic fresh flowers to any cake for a simple yet elegant touch.
5. Combed finish- Makes any cake look even and finished.