“The first thing people think of when they are going to do some summer travel is having fun,” explains Tina Aldatz, chief executive officer of SAVVY TRAVELER. “But what they should put at the top of their list is staying safe and healthy. That’s the only way to actually be able to enjoy the trip to begin with.”
Here are some summer travel tips to keep in mind when planning a trip as shared by SAVVY TRAVELER over the next few months:
- Be a minimalist. Forget packing everything and anything you can, which will weigh you down and drag on your mind. This year, aim to be a minimalist by packing the least amount of items you can, while still making sure you have the essentials for your vacation. You will appreciate the benefits that come with being a minimalist when traveling.
- Get physical. It’s important to maintain an exercise routine of some sorts even while on vacation. This is a great time to mix up your usual workout by adding in some swimming, hiking, kayaking, or other traditional summer recreational opportunities.
- Keep hydrated. Summer months mean that it’s warmer across the country, so be sure to stay hydrated. This will help your body fight off any illnesses and keep you feeling better.
- Dress accordingly. Plan ahead to see what the weather is like where you are headed to, so you can include the appropriate clothing. Don’t overdress if it’s going to be warm, which can lead to becoming overheated during the summer months.
- Sanitize. Traveling exposes people to numerous germs that could lead them to become sick. One of the most effective ways to fight back against this is to sanitize using wipes for the hands, body and surfaces around you. SAVVY TRAVELER has made a line of eco-friendly convenient wipes, including sanitizing ones, designed for the health conscious traveler.
- Relax, too. Getting relaxation in while on your vacation is good for your health. It will clear your mind, and leave you refreshed and ready to take on the world when you get back home.