We are living in the world of finding dates via apps like Tinder and Match.com and as convenient as these avenues of dating are, there is more past the virtual connection that must be established in person. Every season is dating season so why not make your first dates worthwhile? A first date should allow you to really get to know the person a little deeper than the service. We are not huge fans of doing the movies on a first date (or at least ONLY doing that) because it doesn't allow you to actually talk to the person. You're just awkwardly sitting next to a stranger focusing on a big screen. No bueno! We've compiled a list of some awesome first date ideas sure to get you excited about getting to know each other.
From TSS Reader Lillian McCurley (@sillyyyliiilly):
Summer time- stay cool with ice cream and a movie
Fall- pumpkin patch and s'mores
Winter- looking at Christmas lights with hot cocoa
Spring- go star gazing on a cool spring night or have a picnic
- To lighten the mood, go to an amusement park!
- For a little competition consider hitting up the bowling lanes.
- Happy hours are pretty harmless especially since the food and drinks are usually at a discount. It takes a little bit of the pressure off of the guy (if you're old fashioned and think he should pay) when the bill comes.
- Depending on how long you've been talking, consider having a duo-cooking dinner at your place, his place, or a cooking class. You'll be talking and working together in the kitchen which is fun and you get to know each other on a different level.
- Do a beach rendezvous! The calmness of the beach will hopefully calm nerves. Just bring a blanket, a frisbee, and some light food and snacks.
Whatever you decide, always be safe on your first date. Always tell someone when you're going out on a date so that someone can account for you in case anything should go wrong. Have a code with your friends to let them know if things aren't going well and you need to be rescued. If you can, carry pepper spray.