Thursday, March 26, 2015
Hungry Girl's Grilled & Chilled Veggie Tuna Salad
We are trying to take in more greens so we were so happy to come across this super quick and tasty recipe from Hungry Girls. Their diet-friendly recipes make it easier to eat clean. Below is one of our favorite super green recipes. Find the step by step below!
1 (2.6 oz.) Pouch - Starkist Tuna Creations® Sweet & Spicy
8 thin (or 6 thick) asparagus stalks, tough ends removed, cut into 2-inch pieces
1 cup eggplant cut into 1-inch cubes
One 1⁄2-inch-thick onion slice, rings intact
1⁄2 cup cherry tomatoes
3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
2 Tbsp. light balsamic vinaigrette dressing
1. Bring a grill pan sprayed with non-stick spray to medium-high heat. Add asparagus, eggplant, and onion. Cook until slightly softened, 6–8 minutes.
2. Flip veggies, and add the cherry tomatoes to the pan. Cook for 4 minutes.
3. Flip tomatoes. Cook until all veggies are soft and slightly blackened, about 2 minutes.
4. Transfer veggies to a medium bowl. Let cool completely.
5. Chop onion. Cover and refrigerate veggies until chilled, at least 30 minutes.
6. Place lettuce on a large plate or in a large bowl and evenly top with chilled vegetables and tuna. Top or serve with dressing. Yum!