Monday, August 24, 2015
So, we just caught wind of Periscope and can't believe we hadn't heard of it before. For those of you who are not familiar, Periscope is an app that allows you to actually hear the views and thoughts of your favorite profiles live. So think video like YouTube, but LIVE! It's the perfect avenue for us sorority girls and other women and men for that matter to speak our minds freely and actually get live feedback. If you like what someone is speaking about, you can give them a heart. The more hearts you get, the higher they flutter on the screen...we love! Periscope is literally the newest app craze and if you want to be Periscope famous then you should probably jump on the bandwagon. Lucky for you it's available on both iTunes Apple Store and through Google Play for you Android users!
Are you already on Periscope? Send us your username in the comment's section below!
Monday, June 15, 2015
Whether you're planning a fun sisterhood, 21st birthday, or bachelorette party, we've come across the best app to help you have a scavenger hunt worth participating in! The app is called Eventzee and it allows you to follow clues, snap photos, and keep track of your scavenger hunt status all through the app. TSS reader, Keley, shared that "When it was time to go to the next place, you can send a message to the group. And you can assign judges. It was fun!" Not only can you host a private scavenger hunt, but you can also participate in worldwide scavenger hunts by submitting your photos. We really love that you can relive the moments of the scavenger hunt in a special photo gallery too. Best of all, the app is free! Download it here and gather your friends for some fun!
Tuesday, January 20, 2015
Oh the dreaded red zone warning. Meaning, your lifeline, your support system, your connection to the world aka Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest, are about to get cut off unless you recharge your battery! Every phone whether it's an iOS or Android has its issues with battery life, but there are ways to preserve and stretch your battery. Here are some ways we have learned to keep our batteries green for a little longer:
- Invest in a Mophie . Having a Mophie has been life changing for Karen since she is constantly on her phone. Karen got her hands on the Mophie and it keeps her phone charging way past when her actual iPhone dies. The Mophie is a battery pack that you slide onto your phone and it charges your phone from its own charge. Seriously UH-MAZING!
- Put Your Phone On Airplane Mode.
- Lower the Brightness Of Your Screen. Your phone uses a lot of battery life keeping the screen bright, therefore, lowering the brightness will preserve the battery life more.
- Use Wifi. It uses less power than a cellular connection
- Close Inactive Apps. If you're not using an app but have it open, it is running your battery. Make a conscious effort to close out of apps after you're done using it.
- Update Your Phone. Whenever there are new updates for your phone, pay attention to whether or not it will help with battery life. When it comes to the iPhone, according to the Apple site iOS 8 is designed to be the most battery-efficient iOS ever. It gives you more precise ways to manage your device’s battery life because you can see the proportion of your battery used by each app (unless the device is charging). To view your usage, go to Settings > General > Usage > Battery Usage.
What tips & tricks do you have for saving your smartphone's battery life? Share with us in the comments below!