- Create your guest list. Try not to leave a single sorority sister or real sister/friend out. Creating a guest list will help you plan everything from the space to be reserved right down to how many plates and other utensils will be needed.
- Find a space. For sorority women, your chapter room or kitchen would probably be best. For anyone else, try a good friend's home or a venue that can rent the space to you.
- Invite your sisters via the app "Invitd". Download it here! In the notes, make sure to specify that it is a potluck style dinner so they know to bring something.
- Start a group chat via GroupMe, text, or shared list via Wunderlist so each person can explain what they're going to bring.
- Buy or rent the table decor. Rent tables, table cloths, and chairs through a local rental facility (do it early so you don't run the risk of not having enough seating and tableware for everyone). If you want to buy and save the decor for your next Friendsgiving, shop at Michael's for fun DIY stuff that you can turn into a sisterhood event before. Party City and Target are also safe bets too!
- Make name cards. Now that you've got your guest list and decor, personalize the table by making name cards. People love to see their name written out!
- At the Friendsgiving, have everyone write down on a piece of paper when they enter what sister that they're thankful for or something that they're thankful for. It will be shared aloud at the dinner table.
- Be sure to have a fun playlist!
That's it! Send us pictures of your Sistergiving for a repost on our Instagram! We can't wait to see how it turns out for you!