It's time to cozy up on your couch and dig your nose into some of our favorite books for the fall/winter season. Now, is the perfect time to get your hands on a Kindle or iPad to make reading a whole lot easier. With all of the holiday travel ahead, we are sure you will need to keep yourself preoccupied on those long flights so we have compiled a list of some of our favorites below. Share with us your favorite books to read this fall and winter season in the comment's section below!
- Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg McKeown - This book dives deep into weeding out things in life to focus on only things that are truly important.
- Fates and Furies by Lauren Groff- Fates and Furies is about a couple throughout the years, it's a riveting look at relationships and marriage. Half the book is told through the view point of the man and second half through the woman
- The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins - The Girl on the Train is about a girl who imagines the life of this perfect couple on her daily commute to and from work through the windows of the train ride she's on but turns out the perfect couple isn't so perfect. Very suspenseful and has a "Gone Girl" feel to it.
- The Compound Effect by Darren Hardy - Plainly put: this book outlines how decisions you make daily is shape your destiny.
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey - With over 10 million copies sold, this is a highly popular business-centered book that encompasses a balance between personal and professional effectiveness. Basically, is a manual on how to perform better in both areas of your life.
- Year of Yes: How To Dance It Out, Stand In the Sun and Be Your Own Person by Shonda Rhimes - You may recognize her name as the hit sensation behind the TV series' Grey's Anatomy, Scandal, and How To Get Away With Murder. Now, Shonda has a book out that candidly shares her compelling and funny attempts to come out of her shell by saying "yes" to anything that scares her.