Stick straight hair can be both a blessing and a curse; it’s easy to manage on a daily basis, but it can look a little flat sometimes. I’ve always loved that beachy hair look (a-la-Olsen twins), but spraying salt water and scrunching my hair does absolutely nothing! Here are my tips for achieving that look that will work if your hair is straight or stubborn.
- Heat protectant
- 1 inch Curling iron or rod
1. First, spray the heat protectant on your dry hair and let it fully sink in. Don’t skip this step! We don’t want to compromise the health of your hair with hot tools.
2. Start taking pieces of your hair and wrapping them around the curling iron, wrapping them away from your face.
3. Once you’ve finished your whole head, shake the curls out a little with your hands. Some girls might like this look the way it is, but I like to quickly run a flat iron over some of the really bouncy pieces to get that true “I just went surfing” look.
(TIP: I spray hair protectant over my hair again before straightening just to play it safe)
4. Time for hairspray! If you have pomade, you can also put rub some between your hands and just apply it to random ends of your hair for a piece-y look.
Enjoy your beach waves!